Monday 22 April 2013

'Rashid Latif was my Inspiration' - Saifullah Bangash Author: Maaz; Views: 1248; Comments: ; Date: 19-02-2012, 08:27;

Khelopakistan.com brings you an interview with the 16 year old who kept for Pakistan U19s in their tour of South Africa in January. Pakistan won 7 matches out of 10 on the tour, including an ODI series win against South Africa U19s by a 2-1 score line in a decider which went right down to the wire, but Ehsan Adil's big hitting got Pakistan over the line.


Where did you start your cricket interest from?
Right from childhood I had an interest in cricket

Who has coached you and how much has it helped you?
A special mention goes out to Jalal bhai who helped and improved me a lot. I have a great deal of respect for him. 

Who was your first team?
Custom Cricket Academy Team was the first team I played for

Have you signed a deal with a domestic side yet?
Custom is the team I am signed with

Your still 16, how does it feel to represent Pakistan at U-19 level?
Very proud feelings, no doubt about it

Your cricketing idol?
Rashid Latif is my cricketing hero

Who is your keeping inspiration?
As above. It has to be Rashid Latif

A modern day keeper must be able to bat well; are you working on your batting?
Yes, I am putting in plenty of hard work to improve my batting skills

The keeper's position is where Pakistan have struggled for a few years now; do you believe you can eventually plug that gap?
InshALLAH I hope I will be able to fill this gap in the future

What are your expectations for the forthcoming world cup?
InshALLAH Pakistan will be victorious in the World Cup and I will be able to give my best efforts in all matches and put in my 100% 

Tell us about the players? Who are the stars?

All of us are star players. All of us can be future international stars and hopefully will be future international stars for our country. We cannot just single out one or two individuals for this.

Where do u see yourself in the short-term and long-term?
Just keep working hard for now and eventually fulfill my ambition of playing and representing Pakistan in the long run

What went wrong in the tri series final against South Africa last month?Pakistan had won 5/6 matches, but were beaten badly when it mattered most? Tell us more about the South African opening batsmen, wicket keeper and captain. He sounds like a serious talent and a definite future star. You have played against him so what is special about him?

He is a quality cricketer, a very strong cricketer. I wish him well in the future and hope he will play for South Africa soon. With regards to the tri series final, on the day South Africa were the better side and deserved winners so full marks to them. 

You had an important partnership with Usman Qadir in the 2nd youth ODI of the 3 match series in a low scoring thriller for the 7th wicket. As Usman is an experienced member of the U19 set up was he helping you and guiding you? You put on an unbeaten stand of 60 chasing with yourself individually making an unbeaten 40 from 47 deliveries with 7 boundaries along the way. Do you consider this to be your best knock?
I will remember this innings for a long time to come and Usman undoubtedly helped me a lot with all his experience

Any message you will like to give to our readers?
Always speak the truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.